Huntington Federal Savings Bank has been a leading mortgage lender in the community since 1938. We are proud knowing that we have helped thousands throughout the Tri-State buy new homes. Buying a new home should be an exciting time in your life, and we know that your life’s most important purchase needs a mortgage from a bank that’s invested in you. Our bankers start by understanding your financial needs and then make it simple by taking the worry out of applying for a mortgage. They’ll lead you through the process step by step, and when it’s all done, not only will you be able to enjoy your new home, you can also enjoy knowing that your loan will never be sold to outside sources. It will stay at home right here with us. Before you apply for your mortgage loan, you’ll need to decide which type of loan may be right for you. Please read below for more information.
Conventional Mortgage Loans
Conventional Mortgage Loans offer a low fixed rate and monthly payment for the entire life of the loan.
- Minimum of 20% Down Payment
- Maximum Loan-to-Value of 80%
- Low Fixed Rate
Low Down Payment Purchase Mortgage Loans
Our Low Down Payment Purchase Mortgage Loans offer a low fixed rate and monthly payment for the entire life of the loan.
- Minimum of 10% Down Payment
- Maximum Loan-to-Value to 90% – Applies Only to Purchase of Owner-Occupied Homes
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) Required
Is Refinancing Right For You? Generally, it’s a good idea for you to consider refinancing whenever the interest rate for mortgages is more than two percentage points below your present mortgage. For more details, speak to one of our mortgage loan experts at 304-528-6230 or apply online.
Home Buying Tools and Other Important Information
- Mortgage Loan Calculator – Once you know approximately how much home is in your price range, use our convenient Mortgage Loan Calculator to estimate your monthly payments based on the principal and interest.
- Closing costs are normally paid in a lump sum at the time you take out the loan.
- Other annual costs such as taxes and insurance may be added to your monthly mortgage payment.
Home Equity Loans
With a Huntington Federal Home Equity Loan you might be able to save money on our low fixed interest rates that could be tax-deductible (consult your tax advisor). You’ll enjoy the convenience of affordable monthly payments over a fixed time period and you might be able to save even more by paying off higher interest obligations. For for information or to apply, please call us at 304-528-6230. It would be our pleasure to serve you. __________________________________________________________________________________________________
Home Equity Line of Credit
A Home Equity Line of Credit is a line of revolving credit in which your home serves as collateral. Your credit amount is based on the amount of equity you have in your home, your ability to repay and other qualifying factors. You can borrow or draw on the line of credit for a period of time, typically up to ten years. Your home equity credit line can be used for anything. Since your home is likely your most valuable asset, most people use their home equity line of credit for major expenses.
How You Can Use Your Home Equity Loan or Line
- Home Improvements
- Tuition Expenses
- Auto / RV / Boat Purchases
- Dream Vacations
- Medical Bills
- Pay off high interest rate credit cards
- Consolidate debt
So, if you have big plans, let Huntington Federal put those plans into action with a Home Equity Line of Credit. Call one of our loan officers today to see if a home equity line of credit is right for you. Reach us at 304-528-6230.
Huntington Federal Loan Payment Options
Huntington Federal loan payments can be made using several different methods. Please review your payment options below. If you have any questions, or would like to enroll for auto-payments, please contact our office at 304-528-6230.
- Transfer Management System (TMS) – Re-occurring monthly payments automatically deducted from a checking account at Huntington Federal, or any other financial institution.
- HFSB Retail Online Banking & Mobile Banking System – Payment automatically deducted from a Huntington Federal checking account or statement savings account. Set up a single payment or re-occurring payments.
- BillMatrix Loan Payment Service – Payment electronically deducted by debit card or ACH from a checking account at Huntington Federal, or any other financial institution. Set up a single payment or re-occurring payments.
- Payment Book and funds presented at one of our offices for manual processing.
All Huntington Federal lending products are subject to credit review and approval